Your Voter Registration Status
See if you are registered to vote or check your registration online.
If you are 16 or 17 years old, you can use this online registration application to pre-register to vote.
Click here to register to vote.
Voter Registration Qualifications
- A United States citizen. (You must be a U.S. citizen at the time you register).
- At least 18 years of age on or before the date of the next election.
- A current resident of California.
- Not in prison or on parole for a felony conviction.
You Must Re-register If
- You changed your address
- Changed your name/became married
- Or want to change your political affiliation (party).
A quick re-registration will take care of these important changes. You may also make any other change to your voting record, such as mailing address, email address and vote-by-mail status.
How We Vote in 2024: Vote Centers!
All voters in Orange County now receive a vote-by-mail ballot automatically! You will be able to return this ballot in the mail, drop it off at a secure drop box, or return it in-person to one of the 180 Vote Centers throughout the County.
If you like voting in person, you'll be able to vote at any of the Vote Centers, up to ten days before the election. But — your old polling place may not be there anymore. So, keep an eye out for your vote-by-mail ballot arriving in early February, 2024, and learn more about the Vote Centers here.